This training guide diminishes the dangers and doubles the thrill and safety of flying single-engine aircraft at high altitudes in mountainous regions. Logically organized by phases of flight from preflight preparation to landings the author combines statistics, techniques, and examples of actions (correct and incorrect) that real pilots have taken in actual flight scenarios.
- Chapter 1: Altitude
- Chapter 2: Mountain Weather
- Chapter 3: Reading Mountain Weather
- Chapter 4: Mountain Flying Strategy
- Chapter 5: Specific Mountain Weather Concerns
- Chapter 6: Almost Home
- Chapter 7: Only in the Mountains
- Chapter 8: More Advanced Mountain Flying
- My First Solo Flight
Softcover 332 Pages.